Apr 14, 2015

Stitch Fix #3 Review

I apologize for my absence. The past 6 months have been crazy!

I wanted to get caught up on Stitch Fix first, as I just received Fix #5 last week. I am behind! Forgive me for just jumping in.....

Fix #3 arrived in October, styled by Rachel. I had specifically asked for fun clothing to wear on casual date nights, as I was newly separated from my husband and was dating for the first time in 16 years.

Pixley
Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan
$54
I have a weakness for cardigans so I was naturally thrilled with this pick. Most of the cardigans I own are classic, fitted button-front style so it was nice to try something a little longer and unstructured. I tried it on and loved it! I loved how soft it was, how the gathers on the front placket made faux pockets (great for cold hands), and also how it dipped a little lower in front.
Verdict: Keep

 
 
Creative Commune
Anita Cowl Neck Lace Trim Blouse
$58
I loved this as soon as I saw it! I am a big fan of cowl necklines and burgundy. Plus, the lace detailing and the split at the back waist were unique touches.
Verdict: Keep


Front

Back

Collective Concepts
Lisette Dot Print Blouse
$68
I loved the color and the polka dots but, unfortunately, it wasn't very flattering on me. It was too loose and made me appear boxy.
Verdict: Return



Kensie Jeans
Sophia Skinny Jeans
$88
After receiving my last fix containing skinny jeans, I was now a newfound fan of skinny jeans. I wanted to love these but they were a little too tight at the waist and, frankly, even if they had fit I didn't love them enough to spend $88.
Verdict: Return

 
 
Renee C
Raegan Polka Dot Swing Skirt
$58
I wasn't sure what to think of this when I first saw it. I don't wear full, gathered skirts! But I tried it on anyway. While way too tight at the waist, it was surprisingly flattering and fun. However, I couldn't make the fit work (too small).
Verdict: Return

 
 
So... I went 2 out of 5. Not terrible. I get a lot of wear out of the pieces I kept. I have worn the cardigan casually, on dates, and to work. I have worn the lace-trim blouse on dates and under a jacket or cardigan to work and have received many compliments.
 
Click on the "fashion" link at right to read more of my Stitch Fix reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

discussion by